Happy Monday everyone!! As some of you might know today I turn the big 3-1! I wanted to start off by saying thank you so much for all the birthday wishes, I’ve had a great day and I’m feeling so spoiled and loved! Thank you again x a million!
Today I wanted to share the outdoor girls night that I hosted alongside Cascade, together we threw the ultimate #SparklingClean dinner party! I added in my personal touches of pinks, peonies and cacti, with a special strawberry blended beverage with pink popsicle on top! (Blend frozen strawberries + lime juice is all you need!)
I love setting up, preparing and making every last detail memorable… however cleaning up can be a bit of a drag. Since Cascade Platinum was sent over to the rescue, clean up was a breeze! (With a little help from my sister and cousins too!… Clean up is always faster with more hands to help right?)
Cascase has also partnered with Chef Michael Smith, so I’ve pulled four of my favourite recipes from his new cookbook, “Family Meals”. You’ll spot each of them in the photos above.
1. Edamame Hummus with Curried Pita Chips
2. Quinoa Greek Salad
3. Rotisserie Chicken wraps with avocado, Tomatoes & Basil
4. Your Chocolate Coconut Pudding & Your Kid’s Whipped Cream
Happy Monday everyone! Today I wanted to share my new favourite breakfast and teach you the secret to making a delicious Acai Bowl. It seems like everyone is instagam-ing their colourful acai bowls, either made at home or at their local favourite healthy food stop! Acai berries are packed with antioxidants and are incredibly awesome to add to your diet. Why not start with breakfast? There is a little bit of an art to making them (so I’ve discovered), plus a few key ingredients that you need to know.
First you need to get your hands on some acai concentrate, I like to used the Sambazon Acai Packs. They make the process extra easy! The next steps are pretty straight forward below.
1. Blend acai packet, 1 cup almond mik, 1 banana, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1/4 chia seeds. (Read why I like to use chia seeds here). Add more or less of the almond milk, depending on how thick you want your smoothie part of the bowl to be.
2. Prepare and cut up your favourite fruit. I’m a big fan of strawberries, raspberries, blue berries, mango, banana and even a kiwi!
3. Pour your acai blend into a bow, sprinkle a generous amount of your favourite gluten free granola and “artistically” display fruit on top. (If you please)
4. To finish off, sprinkle some coconut shavings and chia seeds. Adding some honey drizzle is delicious too!